Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Review: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: J.K. Rowling
Pages: 251
Format: Print/Paperback
Published: February 1st 1999
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing

Alas, about 12 years latter after the release of this book I sit down and write a review on it. Having just finished it minutes ago, my tummy is still turning with delight. I absolutely, most positively loved this book.

Fifth times the charm, Harry Potter. Having started it not once or twice, nor three or four times before finally finishing it, I am rather satisfied. Where do I begin?


This was outstanding! Of course it was, it's Harry Potter for crying out loud! Although I am a little late, seeing as any possible form of hatred, love, admiration or the like have already been said about this book, but I will add my own thoughts anyways.

First off we begin to see much plot development. The first book was only the beginning, the second book starts to forshadow what might happen. We learn, from Dumbledore, that He who should not be named, is out hiding in some forest, surely that is telling us he is preparing himself. Ah, I was so thrilled with each new discovery in this book.

Seondly, characters are becoming more real and vivid. We can see more of each of their personality. We learn that Ginny is hopelessly in love with Harry, of course, we learn that their feelings do continue to grow. We see how protective Ron is of Hermoine when Draco calls her a Mudblood. As we continue to read into the series we discover Ron and Hermoine do, in fact, like eachother.

See how much has been happening? This, in my opinion, is the book that begins the REAL drama to come. Sure in the first book Harry confronts Voldemort and he starts school and such, but in this second book, it takes it to the next level. Voldemort is planning something, now we just have to read on to see what is to happen.

Ah, I indeed loved this book. Gilderoy Lockhart had to be the most annoying character I have ever read. I wanted to punch him in the face sometimes. And the boy constantly taking pictures of Harry, I will admit I was quite glad to learn he was pertrefied. Serves you right for bothering HARRY POTTER!

Anyways, my rating:

5 curly piggy tails, but of course!

Lot of screaming Mondrates! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^