Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November TBR (#1)

The video for this is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyHxlHvqLmQ

TBR's aren't the general reading format I tend to follow during months. That said, I decided to challenge myself and see if I could fully read the books I picked for this month.It takes commitment, right? The stack is a mix between books I've owned either recently or from years ago. All these books will also have reviews attached to them. As I finish them they will get reviewed. I realize some of these books are rather old  *cough* Harry Potter *cough* but I would still like to review them.

*And a series of druming beats can be heard in the background* Here it goes:

First up is The Virgin Cure by Ami Mckay. I started reading this at the end of October and so I decided to carry it over to November. I will either finish it tonight or tomorrow. This review will be up within the next couple of days.
Second is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This has been on my to-read list for a few months, ever since I saw the movie trailer, and so decided it was about time I read it. To the November TBR it goes.
This cover is drawing me in. It some how found its way into my pile. Something about the cover intrigues me. Perhaps it's the boy on the cover or the intricate designs, Reckless by Cornelia Funke was added to the ever growing stack of books.
This month has me in the mood for a good ghost story. Supernatural only plays on Fridays, and seeing lately the episodes have been repeats, I need some other form of creepy entertainment. Frost by Marianne Baer, please do not disappoint.
When your're reading ceepy, thrilling and adventurous books, there comes a time a balance is needed between such books and rommance. Nicholas Sparks never fails and so I hope Dear John lives up to MY expectations. To the TBR pile you go, John.


I've bought this series so might as well read them. Chosen by P.C and Kristin Cast, your're up next. Marked and Betrayed weren't all that bad. Are you going to disappoint? We will have to see.
Oh, Ami Plum, your Die for me cover is surely to die for. It's the most beautiful cover I've ever seen. We have ghosts and rommance, history and adventure, I think we need to add a little zombie-like characters to sum up the supernatural craving this month. Looking forward to our date.
Harrp Potter, come to be read? Yes, indeed. This month I am determined to read you. My fail attempts not once, not twice, nor three or four times, have left me helplessly giving up on you. Perhaps my birthday month will give me some luck? Surely you could work your wizardry magic? Flying cars and screaming plants to you. Off to Hogwarts I go!
A hefty amount of books I'd say. There are only 8 this month, which means approximately 2 books a week. That sould give me enough space to read surprise books, giving you surprise reviews. Oh, I didn't tell you?

Each month I will feature 3-4 books that will not be mentioned. Anywhere. They will be surprises that will pop up from time to time. Books I won't even add to my "curently-reading" list on goodreads. You won't know what books they are or when their review will be up. Think of it like a birthday present. You don't know what you're going to get.

We shall see how this turns out this month.

Lots of reading and blug pigs to you... yes you!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot me a message down below. My squeal is worse than my snort ^.^